Vortex 7x25 Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder
- 5-4000 yd Measurement Range
- High-Density Extra-Low Dispersion Glass
- XR Plus Anti-Reflection Multi-Coatings
- 7x25 Monocular
- Two Ranging Modes / Four Targeting Nodes
- Product: #80611
- SKU: VOLRF250
With an impressive metering range and a suite of premium optical and technological features, the Vortex Optics 7x25 Razor HD 4000 Laser Rangefinder will give you the confidence to take that long shot with precise first-shot accuracy. Its moderate-magnification monocular provides a wide field of view to help find and track moving targets while bringing them in close so you can make a positive identification and ensure you range the right subject. With a simple push of a button an invisible IR laser measures the distance out past 2.25 miles.
Complementing the rangefinder is an integrated inclinometer that measures the relative angle to the target uphill or downhill as much as 70°. Multiple targeting modes ensure you are metering to the correct object, and two ranging modes can provide either straight line-of-sight distances or an adjusted range based on both the distance to your target and the angle—greatly increasing your first-shot accuracy in difficult terrain or if you're in a high stand. A short 5-yard minimum metering distance makes the Razor HD ideal for bow hunters.
A simple two-button interface provides critical ease-of-use and an easy-to-read display clearly shows the ranging information through the eyepiece in an uncluttered layout, and with five selectable brightness levels you can be sure to see your range in any light. Designed for durability, the housing is made of a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy that is wrapped in slip-resistant protective armour and sealed to an IPX7 rating that makes it waterproof and submersible. Weighing in at 9.9 ounces and measuring just 4.5 inches long, the Razor HD will be a valuable addition to your hunting or shooting kit.
- Simple circle-crosshair reticle makes ranging to the desired target easy
- Integrated inclinometer allows for angle-compensated ranging, measures angle ±70°
- Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) and Line of Sight (LOS) ranging modes with scan feature for both
- Four targeting modes: Normal Mode, First Mode, Last Mode, and Extended Laser Range Mode for ranging in any environment
- 5-yard minimum range is essential for bow hunters
- Extended Laser Range Mode pushes the effective metering range to a reflective target to 4000 yards—over 2.25 miles
- Accuracy: ±0.5 yards from 5-199.9 yards, ±1 yards from 200-1,000 yards, ±2 yards over 1,000 yards
- Less than 0.25 seconds average metering time in Normal Mode
- All Weather Capable (AWC) ranging allows ranging in a variety of adverse weather conditions
- Display range in yards or metres
- HCD ranging is the primary mode used for most rifle and archery shooting; the displayed range is an adjusted number based on distance and the upward or downward angle to the target for improved shot accuracy. Users employ normal turret or reticle ballistic drop solutions based on the adjusted distance
- LOS mode is the actual line of sight range with no ballistic correction for slope and is intended for rifle shooters who are using slope-correcting ballistic drop data cards, ballistic smartphone apps, or other devices with ballistic programmes and who are shooting at distances past 500 yards and with slopes greater than 15°. In this mode the angle to the target will also be displayed, but not used in the range calculation Targeting Modes:* Normal Mode: Provides the range to the target with the strongest range result; this is the recommended target mode for most situations
- First Mode: Locks in and displays the closest distance when panning and scanning; ideal for ranging a smaller target in front of other larger or more reflective objects
- Last Mode: Locks in and displays the farthest distance when panning and scanning. For ranging to a specific target behind a group of objects like brush, trees, rocks, etc.
- Extended Laser Range (ELR) Mode: allows ranging to smaller, less reflective targets at extended distances; ideal for ranging when Normal Mode is unable to obtain an effective range. A longer response time may be required to build the desired range and it is recommended a tripod be used in this mode
- Moderate 7x magnification enables positive identification of targets while maintaining a wide field of view
- 25mm objective lens ensures a compact and lightweight form factor
- High-density (HD), extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved colour rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Proprietary XR Plus anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission for accurate colour fidelity and improved contrast and clarity
- Ultra-hard scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt
- Spacious 341-foot field of view at 1000 yard
- Comfortable 16mm eye relief reduces eyestrain during extended or frequent use
- 3.6mm exit pupil ensures a complete view, even in challenging light
Use and Handling
- Bright and clear LED display is visible even in full daylight
- Five display brightness settings ensure the display is clearly visible in all light conditions
- Auto-power down after 20 seconds of non-use to conserve battery
- In-view low-power indicator goes on with 25% battery life remaining
- Runs on one included CR2 battery
- Simple 2-button user interface allows user to quickly and easily change the mode as terrain and targets change
- Twist-up eyecup for easy use with or without eyewear
- ±2 dioptric correction ensures crisp views
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount on bottom for hands-free use or when using the ELR mode
- Lightweight and strong magnesium alloy chassis can withstand the rigours of the trail with ease
- Rubber armour provides a secure non-slip grip and external protection
- IPX7-rated to be waterproof and submersible to 3.3' (1m) for up to 30 minutes
- Integrated utility clip keeps the device close on your belt, pack strap, MOLLE webbing, harness, etc.
- Lanyard attachment point integrated into housing
- Broad -4 to 140°F operating temperature
- Compact 4.5" length is easy to pack and carry in a pocket, on a belt, or hanging from a strap
- 9.9 ounce weight
|Laser Type||Class 1 Eye Safe|
|Metering Range||Deer: 5 to 2200 yd / 4.57 to 2011.68 m
Tree: 5 to 2500 yd / 4.57 to 2286 m
Reflective: 5 to 4000 yd / 4.57 to 3657.6 m
|Accuracy||5 to 199.9 yd / 4.57 to 182.79 m: ±0.5 yd / 0.46 m
200 to 1000 yd / 182.88 to 914.4 m: ±1 yd / 0.91 m
> 1000 yd / 914.4 m: ±2 yd / 1.83 m
|Objective Lens Diameter||25 mm|
|Angle of View||6.5° (Actual)|
|Field of View||341.25' @ 1000 yd / 113.3 m @ 1000 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||3.6 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Power Source||1 x CR2|
|Inclinometer||Maximum Angle: ±70°|
|Tripod Mount||Yes, 1/4"-20 Female|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof, IPX7|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-13 to 140°F / -25 to 60°C|
|Dimensions||4.49 x 1.34" / 11.4 x 3.4 cm|
|Weight||9.9 oz / 281.0 g|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.