- Classic VCA Compressor Design.
- Add Glue & Control Dynamics.
- Switchable CineMag Transformers.
- Sonic Transparency or Colourful Vibe.
- Selectable High-Pass Filter.
- Product: #65741
- SKU: BUS-COMP
Designed for recording and mixing stereo tracks, the Warm Audio BUS-COMP 2-Channel VCA Bus Compressor 's take on a classic VCA bus compressor, one made famous by companies such as Solid State Logic. This is a clean, stereo compressor, one quite suited to handling the dynamics of stereo instruments. It's also handy for stereo-buss work, imparting the sonic glue VCA compressors are known for.
The BUS-COMP takes a classic design and adds some nifty improvements, such as the ability to switch CineMag transformers in and out of the signal path at the press of a button. With this feature, you can opt for sonic transparency or colourful vibe with the touch of your finger.
The BUS-COMP also offers a selectable high-pass filter, a sidechain input, a useful bypass/engage switch for making comparisons, and a versatile I/O path. Indeed, you'll find XLR and 1/4" TRS terminations used in both the inputs and outputs.
- All analogue, 2-channel stereo VCA compressor.
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology.
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers.
- External sidechain source select.
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter at 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz.
- Compressor engage switch for easy comparisons.
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs, and endless other sources.
- Can be used on mono as well as stereo sources.
- Uses THAT 2180 VCA IC.
- Provides both XLR and 1/4" TRS connectivity.
|Connections||1 x XLR Sidechain Input
2 x XLR Inputs
2 x 1/4" TRS Inputs
2 x XLR Outputs
2 x 1/4" TRS Outputs
|VCA||THAT 2180 ICs|
High-Pass Filter Knob
Make-Up Gain Knob
External Sidechain Switch
Transformer Engage Switch
|High-Pass Filter||At 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz|
|Noise||< -90 dBu|
|Headroom||> +29 dBu (20 Hz to 20 kHz)|
|Dynamic Range||> 120 dB|
|Frequency Response||18 Hz to 22 kHz|
|THD + N||< 0.05% (20 Hz to 20 kHz, +20 dBu Input)|
|Impedance||Input: 10 Kilohms
Output: 50 Ohms
|Dimensions||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.